|Embedded Software Development Engineer needed in Milwaukee!
We are seeking an Embedded Software Development Engineer for one of our direct clients in Milwaukee! Under general direction, the Software Engineer will be responsible for design and development for embedded products for networked HVAC systems. Primary communication protocol would be BACnet, or other Ethernet or RS485 protocols as required. Person will be working with team members in Milwaukee, WI and our client’s development center in India.
- Proficient in design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and enhancing software applications for large building automation systems.
- Software engineering aspects of Linux based embedded control systems, networking protocols using Ethernet and RS485.
- Software design and development using C/C++.
- Working in Agile environment driven by sprints.
- Conduct and participate in software code / design reviews and engineering documentation reviews.
- Reviews high-level and detailed requirements specifications and provides estimations.
- Analyzes reported bugs and feature requests.
- Participating in Agile / Scrum activities and reporting project status.
- Role: Embedded Software Development Engineer
- Length: 6+ months, Contract to Hire
- Location: Milwaukee, WI
- Work week: Mon-Fri
- Start: 05/21/2018
- 5+ years' experience in object-oriented software development in C/C++
- Communication protocol development
- Knowledge of threading in a multitasking system
- Agile development methods
- Linux OS and tools / Embedded Linux
- Networking; Ethernet and RS485
- Software design languages, models and diagrams (e.g. UML)
- Works well in teams and on individual assignments.
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with global teams.
- BACnet, Modbus
- Git, Jira
- Kernel level customizing & debugging
- Familiar with XML data types
- Static Code Analysis