|TWO Embedded Security Engineers needed in Milwaukee!
We are seeking TWO Embedded Security Engineers, with immediate openings for one of our direct clients in Milwaukee! This consultant needs to have experience in operating systems and embedded device security. These Developers will be responsible for deploying Standard Operating system(s) on select HW platforms and assisting with secure development for multiple families of control devices.
We seek someone who is excited about solving complex technical challenges across the multiple domains (e.g. security, communications, control, monitoring and embedded software). This position offers the opportunity to take a technical leadership role to help shape the future of intelligent, automated and connected equipment and systems. The embedded device security work includes initiatives around secure boot on all platforms, developing a certificate management process for customer sites, helping with the deployment of device verification certificates in all platforms.
- The primary responsibility for this role is to champion development of a secure software used over multiple platforms.
- Serve as a security expert in embedded and application development.
- Provide guidance and support to junior team members and help develop their knowledge of embedded systems including security.
- Keep abreast of the current cybersecurity trends and competitive landscape.
- Interact with software architects or other technical leaders to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
- Provide technical direction, leadership, and reviews to other engineers working on the same project.
- Implement and debug subsystems and components.
- Additional responsibilities include mentoring other engineers the nuances of secure development and cryptography.
- Role: TWO Embedded Security Engineers
- Length: Direct hire
- Location: Milwaukee, WI
- Work week: Mon-Fri
- Start: 08/20/2018
Two Roles available:
Required Skills for both roles:
- Principal Engineer will require 7 or more years of embedded device development or related product security field.
- Staff Engineer will require 10 or more years of embedded device development or related product security field.
- Experience with embedded Linux operating systems and hardware capabilities.
- Experience with vulnerability management, open source security issues, threat model
- An understanding of cryptography as it relates to embedded systems and communications is desired.
- A knowledge of the state of the art security methods and implementation is also desired.