|Cloud Network Engineer|
|Looking for a Network Cloud Engineer to serve as a key member of our network security team as a 12-month contract initially (can offer salary with benefits as well). This position will help mentor other team members in the day-to-day operations including but not limited to: troubleshooting, monitoring, detecting, analyzing, and determining remediation efforts for security risks, events, and incidents. This position will also be involved in developing client’s cloud and network strategies, which includes hybrid cloud, DevSecOps, co-locations, etc... This position requires a high degree of technical skill, innovation, and creativity. It also requires staying current with new and emerging trends, theories, standards, and technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understanding fundamental cloud computing concepts
• Provide a process driven approach which ensures accuracy and consistency.
• Create, maintain, and update technical and architectural documentation
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to partner and collaborate with both engineers, architects, business users, and leaders on architecture and security models
• Participates in other security operations duties as requested, including an on call schedule.
• Expert level knowledge of networking and Azure networking engineer experience
• Experience with container technologies (Docker,AKS Kubernetes)
• Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting, log analysis, event correlation, and data analysis with a strong understanding of TCP/IP and networking
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with tools used for security analysis (e.g., tcpdump, Wireshark, snort, ngrep, nmap, strings, hexdump, md5sum, systools)
• Experience with creating automation scripts (Terraform, Python, Bash, PowerShell, Ansible, etc…)
• Provide technical services and support for the following areas, WAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security, cloud network infrastructure, partner interconnects.
• Configure and troubleshoot Cloud network components, routers, switches, optical transport, and other network equipment.
• Integrating corporate routing schemes with Cloud resident networks.
• Experience or familiarity with micro segmentation solution.
• Experience or familiarity with Load Balancing, Web Application FW, and Authentication solutions (F5, AVI, Azure)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Academic & Professional Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Networking, Computer Science, Information Security or equivalent related work experience.
• Preferred security certifications: CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CCSP, CCNA Security, CCNP, GNFA, GSEC, GSE
• Microsoft Azure and/or AWS certification
Would you like to apply to this job?