IT Application Project Manager needed in Central Michigan!
We are seeking an IT Application Project Manager for one of our direct clients in Central Michigan! The consultant will be responsible for full-life cycle projects including Planning, Requirements, Design, Build, Test, Implementation, and Close phases. S/he will need to have the ability to support project planning by providing initial estimates of the size, effort, schedule, and cost for business valued projects. They will also develop and implement project communication and knowledge transfer plans.
Additional key responsibilities:
- Manage the project team by assigning tasks to deliver project deliverables, on time and with quality.
- Lead the day-to-day analysis and requirement gathering phases of projects, overall functional and technical design, and team-programming efforts.
- Lead the development and execution of comprehensive test plans and testing approaches for a system development effort, and lead the implementation and turnover of software to clients.
- Develop project charter, schedule, definite budget requirements, implementation plan and ability to follow the project plans.
- Complete weekly status reports, manage issues and risks with mitigation plans.
- Role: IT Application Project Manager
- Length: 5 Months + possible extensions
- Location: Central Michigan
- Work week: Monday - Friday
- Start: ASAP
- Masters or equivalent with 10 or more years of experience
- Active PMP Certification
- Experience with Application delivery
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage vendors and work products with a SOW.
- Successful record of leadership development and implementation of creative strategies and innovative solutions
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall project methodologies
- Experience in budget and forecasting capital and OM budgets
- Experience in SaaS and vendor management
- Experience in COTS (Custom Off the Shelf)
- Experience in project tools: Clarity, Open WorkBench, MS Project, SharePoint, ServiceNow
- Project experience: Client Server (VB, C++, UDB, VB Script, SQL Server, Oracle), Web (ASP, HTML, Java), SAP, Oniqua, Clarity, SharePoint, ServiceNow