Engineering Team Lead needed in New York City – 6-month Contract-to-Hire!
We are seeking Engineering Team Lead for our direct client in New York City for a 6-month contract to hire role. The Team Lead will be part of the local field engineering leadership and assist with ensuring productivity and quality of work for their assigned team. The Team Lead will act as a “Player/Coach” and may be required to perform billable engineering work at assigned clients as well as work closely with various departments and Client account stakeholders to ensure consistent quality service delivery and to identify, facilitate remediation, and escalate service quality issues as they arise.
Additional Key Responsibilities:
- Supervise a team of engineers via inspection of activities and results with a focus on:
- Quality Service Delivery
- Engineering Readiness
- Client satisfaction
- Mentor/Coach team members in the areas of:
- In conjunction with the local engineering management, assist with Performance Management via defined engineering objectives.
- Collaborates with Client stakeholders to ensure the best possible engineer is assigned to tasks, projects and visits based on skillset, availability and fit.
- Responsible for driving the identification of new revenue opportunities, within their team’s assigned clients.
- Assist with the review of and approval of work schedules and time off when necessary
- Escalation point for clients, team members and other departments for service quality issues
- May assist with interviewing engineering team members and making hiring recommendations.
- May assist with ensuring that new engineers are on boarded as per approved Company standards.
- May provide limited sales support for both existing Clients and prospects
- Perform billable activities as Region/market needs dictate.
- Participate in the on-call rotation in the market that may include off hours onsite visits
- Role: Engineering Team Lead
- Length: 6 Month Contract to Hire
- Location: NYC
- Work week: Monday-Friday
- Start: 5/29/17
- 5+ years multiple operating systems network engineering/administration experience
- At least 1 of the following Industry standard certifications-:
- MCTS/MCP Server 2008 or above,
- MCTS/MCP Exchange 2007 or above
- CompTIA Server+
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
- Previous I.T. consulting across multiple clients is strongly preferred
- Strong computer analysis and diagnostic skills with the ability to implement quick and effective solutions to network problems.
- Successful experience designing, installing, and supporting networks in multiple environments for multiple clients.